DAAD in partnership with the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) invites applications for the DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany for DAAD-Alumni from Sub-Saharan Africa in 2021.
The purpose of the postdoctoral fellowship programme is to provide opportunities
to DAAD alumni of the In-Country/In-Region programme to conduct, under the
guidance of their host institutions, co-operative research at a German university
or other research institutions. The programme is designed to augment
opportunities for post-doctoral researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Worth of Award
The fellowship consists of a
- monthly payment of 2.000 EUR.
- one time payment of travel allowance. The flat-rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award.
- monthly provision of an accident, personal liability and health insurance.
- have to be Alumni of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) within the In-Region/In-Country Scholarship Programme for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- must have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- must hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- have to be invited by a German host institution (please note: DAAD does not
find or introduce host institutions).
- have to be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
- Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national or regional development.
How to Apply
The documents to be submitted for the DAAD Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany include
- DAAD application form, duly filled.
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the Europass specimen form at
http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Letter of Motivation.
- Letter of invitation from a German host institution.
- Research proposal (at least 5 pages).
- Detailed time and work plan (which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany).
- Confirmation from a German professor stating that he/she will host the applicant during the stay.
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as a true copy of the original certificate).
- Award Letter from previous DAAD scholarship that indicates your personal identification number (PKZ-/ID-number).
Deadline: The application deadline is July 1, 2021, for fellowships starting on November 1, 2021.