USAID’s Global Leadership and Education Advancing Development (Global LEAD) Initiative, YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE), and Generation Unlimited (Gen U), along with other global partners invite applications for the USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest in 2021.
Young changemakers around the world are making lasting impacts in their communities, yet their efforts are too often underestimated. Thus, USAID and other global partners have joined forces for this digital storytelling contest to show how youth are using the power of change to make the world a better place.
While any type of development activity would be acceptable, special attention will be given to those stories that link their work to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and/or the following key issues:
- COVID-19/Pandemic Response,
- Education/Skills Development,
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship,
- Climate Action,
- Food Security/Resilience,
- Digital Literacy/Security/Action,
- Civic Engagement, and
- Wellness/Violence Reduction.
Worth of Award
The five selected winners will be announced on August 2 on YouthLead.org and across all campaign partners’ social media channels. In addition, contest winners will:
- Take part in the USAID Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Dialogue with other VIPs on August 12.
- Be featured on GenU’s website.
- Have the opportunity to meet with a senior member of the GenU global leadership council or board.
- Lead a “social media takeover” of GenU accounts.
- Become part of GenU’s pool of moderators.
- Be connected with GenU country offices.
- To be eligible for the USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest, you need to be a young changemaker between the ages of 18 and 35.
How to Apply
Entering is easy.
- Create a three-minute video or slideshow that meets the contest requirements.
- Upload your video or slideshow to YouTube.
- Fill out the submission form. You must be a member of YouthLead.org to submit, but registration is free.
- Encourage your friends and network to vote for your submission on social media by sharing the link once it’s posted on the #WatchOurImpact Contest Video Gallery page and by using #WatchOurImpact.
Deadline: Voting will open on the platform on July 1 and close on July 23. You are advised to submit early to give people plenty of time to vote for your digital story! Encourage your friends to vote!