The scholarship initiative is in continuance of its goal to support the dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as it has been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL), and so on.
The scholarship programme is aimed at encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates and it is open to students who participated in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have gained admission into any Nigerian state or federal university.
In the words of Dr. Demola Sogunle, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, the organization recognizes the importance and impact of education in the life of every Nigerian youth. According to him: “Education empowers and encourages the youth to prepare for the future while also confronting challenges. Education is a panacea for the growth and enduring development of any nation or organization.”
Worth of Award
- The scholarship fund is worth N40M as an initiative to support the dreams and aspirations of 100 Nigerian youths over a duration of four academic years.
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship is only available to Applicants who:
- reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2021 University Tertiary Matriculation
Examinations (UTME) are conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- have a score of 250 and above in University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
- have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State
University with relevant evidence.
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the university in your admitted degree programme.
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members. Where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
- Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
How to Apply
The following documents are required for upload to apply for the scholarship:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Valid ID Card
- UTME Result
- O’Level ( WAEC, NECO or GCE) Statement of Result or Certificate
- JAMB or University Admission Letter
- Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format for your passport must be in JPEG, other files must be in PDF.
Applicants may submit their applications by following these simple steps:
- Go to any of Stanbic IBTC’s social media pages on Instagram (@stanbicibtc), and Facebook (@stanbicibtc) and look for the post.
- Click on the link, fill in the required details, attach requested documents and submit.
- Successful Applicants will be notified via email only.
Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of Work” will have an added
advantage. For example,
- Data Science,
- Business Analytics,
- IT and so on.
Deadline: The deadline for the scholarship application is November 30, 2021. Any extension of the deadline would be communicated on the official platforms.