The Global Environmental Education Partnership (GEEP) and the Taiwan Ocean Conservation Administration (OCA) invites applications for the GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge in Climate Change and Marine Litter in 2021.
GEEP is a vibrant and inclusive learning network designed to champion environmental education (EE) around the world. It is a partnership between the US Environmental Protection Agency, the Environmental Protection Administration of Taiwan,
and the North American Association for Environmental Education, which serves as the secretariat.
Worth of Award
A total of 15 YIC finalists will be selected and will receive the following benefits:
• An official YIC finalist certificate.
• Recognition through GEEP, NAAEE, and other global partners’ websites and social media pages.
• Additional exposure for their solution to environmental education leaders and influencers at the 2021 Asia Pacific Virtual EE Forum.
3 YIC winners will be selected from the 15 YIC finalists. Each winner will receive a $1,000 USD grant, in addition to all the benefits listed above.
The GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge is intended for young leaders and innovators aged 15–30. Your innovative solutions must:
- address climate change or marine litter, or both (since these issues are connected).
- include an environmental education component.
- be submitted online through Submittable (only one proposal per person will be accepted).
Proposals will only be accepted in English at this time. Your video and written responses will not be scored based on your English ability, but rather the strength of your solution and your ability to communicate your ideas and vision to the judges.
How to Apply
- Applications should include a short (less than 3 minutes) video pitch about your innovative solution and detailed responses to the questions below.
- Successful proposals will describe how their solution addresses climate change or marine litter and will explain how their solution is innovative, feasible, and grounded in effective environmental education.
Deadline: Submit your proposal before October 25 at 11:59 PM US Eastern Time.