Scholarships are offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for applicants with an undergraduate degree from developing countries through its program “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries“ for the study in Master’s in Textile and Clothing Technology at the Institute of Textile Machinery and High-Performance Material Technology (ITM).
Worth of Award
- The scholarships usually consist of a monthly scholarship payment (currently, for example, € 861 for graduates and € 1,200 for doctoral/PhD students) and a flat-rate travel allowance.
- In many cases, DAAD also provides you with health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- Depending on the scholarship programme, there are also additional benefits such as a one-off research allowance, family benefits, or funds for language courses.
Eligible candidates should have
- A B.Sc. degree in the field of
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Textile Engineering, Textile
Technology, Ready-Made Clothing Engineering,
- Ready-Made Clothing Technology,
- Textile Chemistry or Textile Finishing
They should also have
- At least 2 years of relevant career experience
- Sufficient knowledge of the German language
How to Apply
- DAAD application forms are available at: https://www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf
- Applications from Cameroon must be submitted via the German Embassy.
- Applications from all other countries must be sent directly to the Technische Universität Dresden (TU Dresden).
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are required to enclose 2 address labels written in Chinese characters with their application documents.
- The application form for the Masters in Textile and Clothing Technology scholarship along with necessary documents must be reached before October 10 at TU Dresden.