The law school’s groundbreaking initiatives and comprehensive programs make an American University Washington College of Law education a complete experience. Students, faculty, and alumni enrich their legal understanding, broaden their perspectives, specialize in cutting-edge legal fields, and serve others by participating in any one of the innovative programs available at the law school.
Worth of Award
The Alumni Fund Scholarship of the LL.M. Scholarship Opportunities provides
- 100% tuition scholarship
It is offered to students in the
- LL.M. in International Legal Studies;
- LL.M. in International Business & Trade Law; and
- LL.M. in Gender, International & Comparative Law.
- Exceptional LL.M. students with the potential of becoming leaders in their respective area(s) of interest or practice.
- Prior work experience is a plus.
How to Apply
To apply for the LL.M. Scholarship Opportunities, you must provide
- A complete LL.M. application, and
- Two essays:
- Describe a current regional, international or country-specific legal problem and offer your legal solution to the problem. (max. 750 words)
- Describe how the LL.M. program can help you prepare for a global legal career, and how you will utilize your skills as a global lawyer to contribute to WCL (max. 500 words).
Deadline: The application deadlines are March 1 (fall); October 1 (spring).