The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with the support of USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA) and in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS), invite applications for the WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge in South Sudan in 2022.
This challenge seeks South Sudan’s brightest and newest ideas on how to tackle hunger, improve food security and strengthen food systems.
Worth of Award
- Apply to receive up to $40,000 in equity-free funding.
- Teams will work with WFP, UNDP, and our expert entrepreneur support partners.
- You’ll have the chance to request specific support on what your business needs most, with a bespoke curriculum and direct connections with experts and mentors to troubleshoot challenges your business is facing to scale.
- Teams will be able to tap into and leverage our strong network of public, private, and government partners, and the power of our combined brands.
- Have a valid business license for operating in South Sudan.
- Have annual revenue turnover of at least 5,000 USD equivalent for the previous year.
- Be at least 3 full-time working members/founders dedicated to the business.
- At least 50% of the senior management/founding team is from South Sudan.
- Based and operating in South Sudan.
- Businesses that already have developed proofs of concept/minimum viable products and are looking to scale up their ideas, are youth-led (between the ages of 18 and 35) and women-led start-ups, are specifically encourage to apply.
How to Apply
All applications for the WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge South Sudan should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the WFP IGNITE Food Systems Challenge can be submitted until December 15, 2021 at 11:30 pm (EAT).