This scholarship will mainly target those ECA who have capacity to supervise PhD and MSc students.
Worth of Award
Each successful ECA will receive a scholarship of up to US$ 68,000. This will cover:
- Tuition fees for one PhD student for two years up to $ 4000.
- Tuition fees for two MSc students up to $4000.
- Research costs up to $ 25,000.
- Research infrastructure up to $ 30,000.
- Travelling costs up to $ 5,000.
Funding would be for 2 years.
- Each applicant must have held a PhD in AI and ML, for the last 3 – 5 years as at application.
- All applicants should have competent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- All applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of an eligible sub-Saharan country.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Togo.
How to Apply
All applications for the AI4D Scholarships for Early Career Academics (ECA) should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The call ends on