ACTS vision is knowledge for better livelihoods. Its mission is to strengthen the capacity and policies of African countries and institutions. This is with the aim to harness science, technology and innovation for sustainable development.
Worth of Award
Each successful student will receive a partial scholarship of up to US $ 27,000 distributed as shown below
- Tuition fees for two years up to $ 4000
- Research activities up to $ 17,000
- must be already registered in an AI study (machine learning, expert system, natural language processing, intelligent robotics, etc.) under a supervisor, have finished coursework as well as research proposal. The applicant must attach a letter of support by their supervisor, and a copy of the PhD study admission letter.
- should have competent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- should have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction within their host university of choice (English, French or Portuguese).
- must be nationals or permanent residents of any sub-Saharan country.
How to Apply
All applications for the AI4D Scholarships for Registered PhD Students should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The scholarship call ends on